Urgently need to conclude this primary design effort. Major issue is a conflict with planning and development, or task orientation and “play”. It’s fun to develop new design ideas, and since for my personal website there’s no ‘sign-off’ or ‘approval’ required by the client, my hands are free.
My hands should not be free.
My objective is simple. If I make a task it gets concluded. Here’s my list so far:
ul li a:hover to match parent page highlight color single-post animated orientation switch to glide across right hand margin at absolute position and unfurl on:hover. single-portfolio animated spin needs to stop jumping to a float:right on html:hover
make Featured Post list (Previously) li:hover state should match more-link and .single .entry-title motifs (blog highlight is fine) Note: We may consider this for portfolio-page-template loop but that page is meant to break with the rest of the stylesheet for the site so, maybe not.
add 20~24px south of the margin to h1.decker, or .archive-title elements . whatever looks nice
- Resolve image float issue near biography section.
- Re-write top section for brevity. There are too many opportunities to find yourself on the about page to pretend like it’s just an accident.
- investigate why .content_entry (~approx) hr lengths imply a rogue padding setting or in congruent width when compared to kpf-portfolio-metadata area.
See Navigation Notes
Highlights on nav still don’t match convetion
- Cohere “From the Blog” a:hover to match site style. Maybe “Advanced Gutenburg” Plug-in Related. Better not be.
- Update Logo from black to #3F3E5F version, since navy is the new black moving forward.
Review and decide on Drop Cap coloration Which occurs to me that there’s a chance we could use CSS wildcard selectors to assign a particular highlight color to a dropcat depending on post’s numerical value, making it like a little lottery. This is one of those pie eyed things that ate up your day yesterday, I’m fairly sure it’s doable supposing that wildcards don’t require spaces around them to function…
Just fix floats and content margins across site. Shouldnt’ be more than 4 templates to adjust total. That feels like too many.
- Clean up code.
Leer Street Community Garden Permaculture Map
Make various lists.